Tuesday, June 27, 2006

This Suzuki information posted on the 2000 guitars database in 2004....
Posted by tetsu on June 05, 2004 at 08:38:36:
Hi,
I'm tetsu. in Japan. Although my english strange, please forgive me. I got W-300 for a week ago and it has a nice sound. May be you know about this information of Kiso Suzuki, but many people uses english don't know about Suzuki well. Because Suzuki is Japanese company.
Kiso Suzuki is old name of it company, now we call "Suzuki Violin". There is Nagoya City Aichi pref. Japan. this company is making a violin, a cello, a viola, a contrabass, and mandolin etc... but it's NOT making and repairing a guitar. Because there are no workperson to make a guitar and there are no drawing. This is why a guitar printed "kiso suzuki" or "Three S" is very rare. Suzuki was built by Mr.Suzuki Masakichi. May be Suzuki made guitars till first stage of the 80s (it means all Suzuki guitar is senior than me). Suzuki sometime made a guitar as OEM (ex. HILLBILLY, Tomson, sonoro, Watson, kansas, ƒ^ƒPƒnƒ‹(Takeharu)). In Japan, many people uses Suzuki guitar, but it's minor than Yamaha, Yairi or Morris. Suzuki guitar's Model No. means price of it. For example, W-300 is 30000 yen, AE-25 is 25000 yen.(1 dollar is about 110 yen. But during then to now, inflation was occured in Japan. By my mother's speaking, the value of money then was twice as today's it. It means W-300 is about 550 dollars today.) I think it is inexpensive, but I bought my W-300 for 15.5 dollars at auction;-))
It's no context information, but I wish this information helps you. If you have an question, please tell me. I'll search on HomePage it was written on Japanese.
have a nice life with Suzuki guitar.